Below is a listing of projects I worked on in my personal time. Unless otherwise noted, all work was done solo.
Realms (2018 - Current)
A Roguelike in pre-pre-Alpha. Hopefully one day it will see the light of day.
Ocular Engine (2014 - 2018)
A C++14 rendering engine with features such as:
- Direct3D and OpenGL renderers
- Resource Subsystem
- Event Subsystem
- Keyboard/Mouse Input
- Scene Editor built with Qt and custom reflection
After over 500 commits I have decided to retire Ocular. It was a blast to work on and I learned a ton. If I were to do it again, I would do it very differently but that is the nature of these projects. Try something new out and see how it works.
I think it definitely deserves at least a retrospective in the future. Until then, feel free to browse my largest personal codebase.
- Numerous coherent noise algorithms (Perlin, Simplex, Wavelet, Worley, Diamond-Square, etc.)
- Numerous noise algorithms (XorShift32, XorShift128, WELL512, CMWC131104, MT128, MT19937, etc.)
- Grayscale and color palette manipulation
- Multi-threaded using workers for maximum performance.
A fast, efficient, and easy-to-use parser for the OBJ and MTL file formats, built with C++14 using the Boost Spirit library. Originally intended for use in the Ocular Engine, it has been released as a completely stand-alone library.
Embers of Caerus (2012 - 2013)
Served a graphics and engine programmer as part of an international group of volunteers developing a sandbox, open PvP MMO using the Havok Vision engine.
Worked on a host of systems including: shaders, texturing, water rendering, optimizations, etc.
Unfortunately, in the end the project did not pan out but it was great fun to be a part of it.
Website: embersofcaerus.com (courtesy of the Internet Archive)